1) What is Your Name?
2) How old are you?
3) Tell us a little about your family?
15 wonderful years of marriage to my best friend Kris with 3 daughters, Alyssa, 15, Courtney, 14, & Lindsey, 12.
4) What is the Name of Your Church?
True Memorial Baptist Church
5) Does your Youth Ministry have a name? If so, what is it?
REACH Student Ministries
6) What is your role in the ministry?
I am the volunteer leader of the student ministries.
7) How long have you been at your present church?
8) How long have you been in Youth Ministry all together?
9) What is your greatest passion in Youth Ministry?
To see students develop spiritual habits to help them grow through life.
10) What would you say is your "life verse"?
11) What is your passion in life?
To be Christ’s ambassador to a lost world.
12) Share one ministry highlight for you?
We just returned from snowcamp. I love spending one on one time getting to know my students and building relationships with them. This weekend was full of laughing and worshipping.
13) Share one ministry lowlight for you?
Sending a student home from an event because she wasn’t following the rules.
14) What have you done in your ministry that has had the greatest impact on students?
Small group Bible study, Testimony workshop, Close Encounters retreat (prayer retreat).
15) What is something in ministry that you would warn others to NEVER do?
Never do event that doesn’t meet the purposes of your youth ministry. Don’t do things just to have a full schedule.
16) In a sentence or two, what is your definition of a "successful youth ministry"?
A youth ministry that wins souls for Christ, then gives them the tools to grow in maturity through quiet times with God and ministry opportunities.
17) In your opinion what are some of the biggest needs of teens today?
To know that they are princes and princesses in God’s court and that He loves them very much!
18) What advice would you give the teens of today?
Don’t let the world tell you what to look like, how to dress, who you should be, God already has a plan for you. Ask Him.
19) If you could tell parents ONE thing, what would it be?
Don’t give up with your kids. Some day you will see the fruit of your labor. Love them with everything you’ve got.
20) What book(s) are you presently reading?
"Purpose Driven Life" and "Every Man’s Battle"
21) What would be the top 3 books you would recommend?
1) "Purpose Driven Youth Ministry"
2) "Purpose Driven Life"
3) "Wild at Heart"
22) What two movies would you most recommend to other youth workers?
1) Lord of the Rings
2) Pirates of the Caribbean
23) Who is your favorite musician/music group?
24) Who has been the biggest influence on you in youth ministry?
Brent Carl, youth pastor at Fishkill Baptist Church, Fishkill NY.
25) What direction would you like to see your ministry move toward?
To become student-led.
26) What is the most significant thing God has taught you since being in Youth Ministry?
To be flexible and ready to change “my” plans at a moments notice. God loves to remind me that it’s His ministry.
27) Youth ministry involves a lot of doing and giving to others. What do you do in order to get fed and encouraged?
Sunday school, morning service, Lakes Region Youth Workers Network.
28) If you could have done three things differently when you were a teenager yourself, what would they have been?
1) No drinking, 2) No sex, and 3) I would have tried harder in high school.
29) What would you say are three to five MUST-HAVE resources for every youth worker?
1) Ideas Library
3) Other youth workers
4) Case for Faith: Student Edition
5) Case for Christ: Student Edition
30) Have you contributed anything to the YM Exchange on Pastor2youth.com?
Nothing at this point.
31) How could we pray for you and your ministry?
That the students would have an unquenchable thirst for God’s word. That they would have a desire to develop the spiritual habits necessary to grow in maturity.
32) Would you be willing to share a picture of you and/or your group with us?
Annual Labor Day camping trip to White Lake NH.
Click Here to view the full-sized picture.