NINE BASIC BELIEFS ABOUT YOUTH MINISTRY
by Ryan C. Nielsen
1. Students matter to God and warrant our efforts to extend the gospel to them.
2. The gospel of Jesus Christ must be presented in a way that is relevant to the culture of middle school students (Eph. 6:18,19).
3. Evangelism is a process and is best accomplished within the context of relationships.
4. There are various levels of spiritual interest and Christian commitment among students.
5. Effective student ministry is done through the development of real relationships between believers and non-churched students.
6. Student ministry done with excellence reflects God and attracts students.
7. Student ministry is to be reviewed and evaluated for real effectiveness.
8. Student ministry should be built on the team principle--not on the gifts of one individual.
9. Every student, once they become a Christian, is capable of and should be involved in the work of building God's Kingdom.